Steel Cable, Cable Cutters & Cable Hanging Hardware
Install large, heavy permanent signs, cable trays, and more on your ceiling with 7×7 galvanized uncoated steel cable.
This thin, wire cable is constructed of zinc-coated, galvanized steel.
- ✓ Recommended safe working load for this wire rope is a 5:1 ratio (cable break strength divided by 5).
- ✓ Available in 1/16 inch steel cable (.16 centimeter) or 1/8 inch steel cable (.32 centimeter) diameters in a variety of spool lengths (100, 250, 500 and 1000 ft.).
- ✓ Perfect for use with the FlatHat™ magnetic sign hanging system or UrbanTrapeze™ self-locking cable adjusting devices.
- ✓ Meets Federal Specifications RR-W-410G, plus dimensional and strength requirements of MIL-DTL-83420M.
Our FELCO cable cutters are precision made in Switzerland. Unique cutting blade design provides a clean cut, reducing crushed or frayed ends of the metal cable.
Contact Us with your questions.
Shop Steel Cable, Wire Cutters & Cable Hanging Hardware:
Showing all 11 results
ID: 62-10010$19.95 – $92.95
Steel Cable (1/16 inch)Product ID: 62-10010
Steel Cable (1/16 inch)
ID: 62-10110$19.95 – $87.99
Steel Cable (1/8 inch)Product ID: 62-10110
Steel Cable (1/8 inch)
FELCO Steel Cable CutterProduct ID: 62-12007
FELCO Steel Cable Cutter
ID: 64-11016$10.00 – $19.00
E-Z Aluminum Crimp for Steel Cable (100/Bag)Product ID: 64-11016
E-Z Aluminum Crimp for Steel Cable (100/Bag)
UrbanTrapeze® 1.5 Aircraft Wire Cable Stop Clamp Adjuster Gripper LooperProduct ID: 63-10015
UrbanTrapeze® 1.5 Aircraft Wire Cable Stop Clamp Adjuster Gripper Looper
UrbanTrapeze® 3.0 Aircraft Wire Cable Stop Clamp Adjuster Gripper LooperProduct ID: 63-10030
UrbanTrapeze® 3.0 Aircraft Wire Cable Stop Clamp Adjuster Gripper Looper
UrbanTrapeze® In-Line Drop Ceiling Cable ConnectorProduct ID: 63-10005
UrbanTrapeze® In-Line Drop Ceiling Cable Connector
In-Line Sign Panel ConnectorProduct ID: 60-20100
In-Line Sign Panel Connector
In-Line Steel Cable with Ball EndProduct ID: 62-13000
In-Line Steel Cable with Ball End
Three-Cavity Hand Swager/Crimper 1.5 for 1/16 Inch CableProduct ID: 62-12003
Three-Cavity Hand Swager/Crimper 1.5 for 1/16 Inch Cable
ID: 62-12002$145.95Pricing: $155.95
Three-Cavity Hand Swager/Crimper 3.0 for 1/8 inch CableProduct ID: 62-12002
Three-Cavity Hand Swager/Crimper 3.0 for 1/8 inch Cable
FAQs About Steel Cable
- Where does the product ship from?
As with all our products, steel cable products ship from the USA (Texas).
- How much does steel cable cost?
- How quickly are orders for steel cable fulfilled?
We ship our in-stock product within 24 hours, excluding holidays and weekends. Orders received after 4:00 pm CST will be shipped on the next business day.
All orders ship from Texas.
- Which is stronger between 1/8 inch 7x7 steel cable, or 1/16 inch steel cable?
The recommended safe working load for 1/8 inch 7 x 7 steel cable construction is a 5:1 ratio (cable break strength divided by 5). Therefore the approximate break strength is 1700 pounds (771.1 Kilograms) resulting in a safe working load of 340 pounds (154.2 Kilograms).
Safe working load for 1/16 Inch 7×7 is 96 pounds (43.5 kilograms) because the approximate break strength is 480 pounds (217.7 kilograms)
- Is it possible to use a thinner gauge wire cable with the UrbanTrapeze 3.0? Specifically, is 1/16 in. uncoated galvanized aircraft cable compatible with the UrbanTrapeze 3.0?
It is always possible to insert a thinner gauge cable into the UrbanTrapeze 3.0. BUT, it was designed to work with 1/8 (3.0mm) cable. There are no long-term studies the confirm the performance reliability of mixing these two items. We DO NOT recommend using a thinner gauge wire in this instance.