Steel Cable (1/8 inch)Product ID: 62-10110
$19.95 – $69.95
Professional quality wire rope for installing permanent large signs or other fixtures in the ceiling ecosystem. 1/8 inch x 7 x 7* steel cable construction.
Professional quality wire rope for installing permanent large signs or other fixtures in the ceiling ecosystem. 1/8 inch x 7 x 7* steel cable construction. Recommended safe working load is a 5:1 ratio (cable break strength divided by 5). Approximate break strength is 1700 pounds (771.1 Kilograms) resulting in a safe working load of 340 pounds (154.2 Kilograms).
Use with our UrbanTrapeze™ 3.0 with a 198 lb safe working load to create an adjustable loop that easily attaches to aisle and navigational signs, cable trays and more.
Available Lengths of 1/8 inch Steel Cable:
- 100 feet length (30.5 meters) spool: Item #62-10110
- 250 feet length (76.2 meters) spool: Item #62-10125
- 500 feet length (152.4 meters) spool: Item #62-10150
Also available in 1/16 inch diameter thickness.
Meets federal specifications RR-W-410E.
*Steel cable construction is the method the wire is wrapped in a uniform helix around a core.
✓ Orders fulfilled in 24 Hours.*
*We ship our in-stock product within 24 hours, excluding holidays and weekends. Orders received after 4:00 pm CST will be shipped on the next business day.
If an order is placed after 4:00 pm CST, please contact us directly to determine if we can accommodate same day shipment.
✓ Ships from USA (Texas)
We reserve the right to change the shipping method from FedEx Ground to USPS when residential customers choose FedEx’s Commercial method instead of the FedEx’s Residential method. All orders are F.O.B. Factory.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What can I hang with steel cable?
- Aisle markers
- Lighting systems
- Sound systems
- Ceiling panels
- Fan units
- HVAC ducting
- How much does Steel Cable cost?
- What is Steel Cable used for?
One of the most useful types of wire ropes available is steel cable. Thin, flexible, and extremely strong, this type of wire rope is used for various purposes. A braided wire has steel wires twisted into one another, usually between eight and twenty-eight times. Because these wires are intertwined, they provide greater flexibility.
- Can I make a loop with steel cable without crimps?
With UrbanTrapeze™, you can leave crimps, ferrules and a box full of tools behind.
1. insert cable through one clutch button located on either end of the UrbanTrapeze™ until several inches of cable emerges from the other side
2. To complete the loop, thread the cable through the sign connector, and the opposite clutch button. The built-in clutch automatically secures the cable.
3. Once the loop is completed, you can easily adjust the hanging height or level the sign by pressing either clutch button.